The cost of birth control, PrEP, and emergency contraceptives depends on if you are insured and your insurance plan:
- With health insurance: Your birth control prescription is free in most cases.
- Insurance companies set the cost or 'copay' for prescriptions. Usually, this is $0 - it can range depending on your plan and the prescription that you and your doctor select.
- Nurx charges the copay set by your insurance when your prescription is filled.
- Please call your insurance company if you would like to know your copay.
- Without health insurance: You can purchase your birth control through Nurx starting at $15 per pack.
- Contact Nurx at email@example.com or by calling 800-321-NURX and we can provide a price estimate for a specific prescription.
- See more info if you are paying for PrEP
If you choose to pick up your birth control prescription at a non-Nurx pharmacy, a small service fee applies.
*For users in North Carolina*
Nurx charges a $12 medical consultation fee for patients in North Carolina that includes optional ongoing communications with a doctor through Nurx for any birth control prescription changes or questions at any time during the next 12 months.