PrEP is something that you can start and stop at any time without long-term side effects. PrEP should be continued for 30 days after the last potential exposure. If you would like to start PrEP again at a later time, you will need to take it for 7 to 21 days before it reaches maximum effectiveness like before. If you are considering stopping PrEP, please contact our medical team and we’ll help advise you so you can stop in the healthiest and most efficient way.
Articles in this section
- How do I get PrEP through Nurx?
- What is PrEP?
- How will my PrEP order arrive?
- I just received a swab kit. What do I do?
- How much does PrEP cost?
- How effective is PrEP?
- What if I miss a dose of PrEP?
- How does PrEP work?
- How long do I need to take PrEP?
- Is PrEP right for me?