PrEP works by blocking an enzyme called HIV reverse transcriptase. By blocking this enzyme, it prevents HIV from making more copies of itself in the body. You will remain HIV negative if the virus can't make enough copies of itself in your system.
Articles in this section
- How do I get PrEP through Nurx?
- What is PrEP?
- How will my PrEP order arrive?
- I just received a swab kit. What do I do?
- How much does PrEP cost?
- How effective is PrEP?
- What if I miss a dose of PrEP?
- How does PrEP work?
- How long do I need to take PrEP?
- Is PrEP right for me?