If you are taking a progestin-only pill (POP) you must take it within 3 hours of your usual time or the dose is considered “missed”. If you miss a pill by 3 hours or more, you should take your late pill as soon as possible. Then continue taking the rest of your pills at your usual time. Don't worry if this means you'll take 2 pills on the same day - it's totally safe. You should also use condoms or avoid sex for the next 48 hours.
Articles in this section
- I want to move the time that I take my pill. How do I do that?
- Can I skip part of my progestin only pill (POP) pack to skip my monthly period?
- I do not want to have my period during a special event. Please help me plan ahead!
- I need to stop birth control. How do I do that?
- I want to switch from one brand to another, how do I do that and maintain pregnancy protection?
- I missed a dose!
- I took my progestin-only pill late. Will it still be effective?
- I took my combined hormonal pill late. Will it still be effective?
- I kinda take my pill at the same time, is this still effective?
- At what temperature should I keep my medication?