You can stop birth control at any time, though it would be best to stop it after a placebo week so that you don't have a period during what would otherwise be the middle of your cycle. If you need to stop the pill in the middle of the cycle, that is fine too, but you should expect to have some bleeding when you discontinue the pill. You should consider your pregnancy protection to be gone immediately after discontinuing the pill.
Articles in this section
- I want to move the time that I take my pill. How do I do that?
- Can I skip part of my progestin only pill (POP) pack to skip my monthly period?
- I do not want to have my period during a special event. Please help me plan ahead!
- I need to stop birth control. How do I do that?
- I want to switch from one brand to another, how do I do that and maintain pregnancy protection?
- I missed a dose!
- I took my progestin-only pill late. Will it still be effective?
- I took my combined hormonal pill late. Will it still be effective?
- I kinda take my pill at the same time, is this still effective?
- At what temperature should I keep my medication?