We DO NOT recommend trying to skip a period (especially for the first time) in the weeks leading up to your big day or fabulous trip. It is common to have spotting/irregular bleeding when you skip a period sporadically. It is because your body is used to getting your period and shedding the uterine lining every month. So, ideally, you will not attempt to skip your period for the first time during the special event or trip. You can use your pills to skip a period in order to adjust your schedule. But again, this may result in spotting or breakthrough bleeding in the following pack. The best way to shift your period is to wait to start your first pill pack until you will line it up so that your special event falls during the middle of a pack, rather than attempting to skip periods or shifting your period by a week midpack. This way you can be most likely to successfully alter the timing of your period to a time that is convenient for you AND your body.
Articles in this section
- I want to move the time that I take my pill. How do I do that?
- Can I skip part of my progestin only pill (POP) pack to skip my monthly period?
- I do not want to have my period during a special event. Please help me plan ahead!
- I need to stop birth control. How do I do that?
- I want to switch from one brand to another, how do I do that and maintain pregnancy protection?
- I missed a dose!
- I took my progestin-only pill late. Will it still be effective?
- I took my combined hormonal pill late. Will it still be effective?
- I kinda take my pill at the same time, is this still effective?
- At what temperature should I keep my medication?